The Gallery of Champions contains a permanent collection of oil painted portraits of golf's greatest champions, past and present, painted by Joe Austen, one of the world's foremost golf artists, who is currently creating a new series of portraits and prints of golf's greatest living champions, to be added to the Honorees of the Gallery, paying enduring tribute to the greats of golf in the heart of the Home of Golf.
- I am delighted that Joe Austen has donated an original painting to the Seve Ballesteros Foundation and I would like to thank him for the time and commitment he has dedicated. His prestigious work will no doubt raise an important amount for the vital research into brain cancer.
- It's only in the last few years that I have been aware of the painting skills of Joe Austen and in a very short time I have become an avid fan of his work. His ability to bring out the character of his subjects is quite uncanny and I hope it won't be too long before I hear many people saying, with a triumphal note in their voice, I have an original Joe Austen in my collection!
- Your paintings will get you in to Heaven.
- I think the paintings are wonderful and I think a visit to the Austen Gallery is a must for anyone visiting St Andrews.
- You have really captured beautifully the swing of the golfers and show their personalities in the way they play.
- I love the colours that Joe has used for the Champions Collection - they are so vivid and he has captured the moment so well.
- The paintings are fantastic - you've captured their swings perfectly. They are Wonderful.